Pierpaolo Ranieri plays Gato strings and Jim Reed basses:
Rome on May, 16th 1977
Starting in 1990 as self-teached, he has studied with Massimo Moriconi, Gianfranco Gullotto, Luca Pirozzi, Dario Deidda and Marco Siniscalco. He's also learned the upright-bass.
Pierpaolo has worked (or is still collaborating) in jazz and pop productions with:
Giulio Capiozzo (AREA), Michele Rabbia, Derek Wilson, Bob Franceschini (Mike Stern Band), Silvia Salemi, Crystal White, Orlando Johnson, Joy Garrison, Charlie Cannon, Karl Potter, Arnaldo Vacca, Roberto Spadoni quartet, Maggiolina jazz Urkestra, Massimo Fedeli, Massimiliano Rosati, Mauro Di Maggio (Sanremo Festival 1997), Liliana Tamberi (Sanremo Festival 1998), Giampiero Mazzone, Virtual Dream (w/Fabio Cerrone & Lucrezio De Seta), Subzero, Marco Brezza, Pasquale Innarella, Paolo Patrignani, Luca Silenzi, Vox'n'bass (an experimental project which sees only bass & vocals, with lead singer Caterina Monti), Massimo Nunzi "Trombe Rosse". He's also collaborated with Renato Zero's "Fonopoli" project.
FESTIVALS AND AWARDS:
- Baronissi 1998 (winner with SUBZERO - review appeared on "JAZZ" August 1998)
- Mentana Jazz 1998 (winner with SUBZERO)
- Sant'Anna Arresi 1998 Award (as top band SUBZERO - review appeared on "MUSICA JAZZ" January 1999)
- Sant'Anna Arresi Festival 1999 (as opening act for the "Don Byron quartet" with Bill Frisell and Jack De Jonhette)
- Fregene jazz 1999
- Sa Lunedda jazz 1999
- Atina jazz 2000
- Tivoli jazz 2000
- IV Bansko International Festival 2001 (Bulgary)
- Subzero "Subzero"
- Luca Silenzi "Cuore di Fango"
- Luca Silenzi "Il mondo che non c'è"
- Gianluca D'Alessio "Metonimia"
- Hemisphere "Mind's door"
- Giampiero Mazzone "L'avvicinamento"
- Marco Turco "Time will tell"
- Virtual Dream "Casuality"
To contact Pierpaolo, e-mail him at: